Sunday, April 1, 2007

Summary

What a ride! I have created both a gmail and yahoo email address, and gone through all the tasks. Here is my summary:


1.What was the most important thing that you learned? Why?
These exercises confirmed something I knew: that there is a lot to explore on the Internet and that I’ll never have time to do it all. It is, however, worth taking the time to find out some new things and see what others a “abuzz” about.
2. What was most challenging? Why?
The most challenging for me was trying to turn off the popup blocker so I could get AIM to work. The other most challenging part was finding time to do this. I ended up doing most of it at home.
3. How can PVLD use these technologies to deliver or improve library services? I’ve mentioned several of these ideas in my other posts. Just being aware of what is out there is also important. Also, giving yourself the confidence that you can do these things is helpful too.
4. How successful was the “self-directed” learning model? Is this a useful way of encouraging staff development?
I thought it worked very well although again it is difficult to do at work, especially for some positions that have less quiet unscheduled time away from the public at a desk with a computer. (difficult to find when you work in a library!)

No comments: